Questions To Ask Before Renting: Security
We hope you will be able visit us so you can personally see how safe, clean and secure our facility is and meet the people who keep it that way! But if you check out other companies, please ask them these questions—we don’t think any of them can match us in being able to say ‘YES!’ to every single one.
- Do you need a security code to enter and exit, so the managers know who is on site when?
- Is the facility well lit and equipped with multiple security cameras and color video monitors? Most storage facility theft is from the inside, like one tenant cutting other tenants’ locks!
- Is each unit individually alarmed?
- Do the managers seem trustworthy—people with whom you’d feel confident leaving your valuables?
- Most importantly, do the managers actively use this technology to provide real security?
- Does the facility have an excellent safety record according to local police reports?